Cuyahoga Valley National Park is located in northeastern Ohio. It contains over 32,000 acres of beautiful greenery along the large and winding Cuyahoga River. The River goes through much of the park, and is found in between the cities of Cleveland and Akron Ohio.
To arrive at the park via plane, one has two options. You can fly into the larger Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, or the smaller regional airport located in Akron. From both of these locations one can rent a car, and take the short drive over to the National Park.
If one prefers to come via mass transit, that’s also a very viable option. In both Akron and Cleveland, there are large bus terminals to accommodate passengers. The bus terminals are located in the downtown districts of each city. Train access is found at the downtown train station in Cleveland.
Once you have arrived at one of these two big cities, you are now within 30 minutes of driving time to Cuyahoga Valley. The following information regarding driving, will obviously hold true for residents of the Cleveland and Akron cities, and their surrounding areas.
Once you’re in your car the best place to set your GPS to, is the Boston Store Visitor Center. This is the place you want to go first before setting out on your adventure in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. For any issues relating to directions one is advised to call the Visitor Center Office at 330-657-2752.
Directions from Akron, Ohio and points south:
- Take I-77 North.
- Keep left, in order to take OH-8 North via Exit 125A, in the direction of Cuyahoga Falls for 12.6 miles.
- Take the Boston Mills Road/Hines Hill Road exit 14A.
- At the end of the exit, turn right at the traffic light onto Boston Mills Road, heading west for 3.4 miles.
- The visitor center is the impressive, white, two story building with a large porch on the left side. The entrance to the parking lot is 200 feet past the visitor center on the left.
Directions from Cleveland, Ohio and points due north:
- Take I-77 South for 15.5 miles.
- Take exit 147, Miller Road, and turn left at the end of the exit onto Miller Road for 0.6 miles.
- Turn right onto OH-21/Brecksville Road for 0.4 miles.
- Turn left onto Snowville Road for 2.8 miles.
- Turn right onto Riverview Road, and proceed for 1.7 miles.
- Turn left onto Boston Mills Road, and the entrance to the visitor center parking lot is on the right, about 200 feet down the road.
- The visitor center is the white two story building in front of an old barn.